Competition Terms & Conditions
Our Competition Terms and Conditions apply to all prize promotions including free draws, prize competitions and instant win offers.
These rules and any other rules specified by Parenting Expert Ltd or any of its group of companies (“We“, “Us“) from time to time (“Competition Rules“) apply to any competition which is run by or on our behalf (“Competition“). By taking part in a Competition, you agree to be bound by the Competition Rules and by our decisions which are final in all matters relating to the Competition.
We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in our absolute discretion for any reason and without notice in accordance with the Competition Terms and Conditions.
All entries must be received in the manner specified during the period in which the Competition is open and late or incomplete entries will be disqualified. No responsibility can be accepted for entries which are lost, delayed, misdirected or corrupted during delivery to the place specified for any reason whatsoever.
Entries must be submitted by an individual (not via any agency or similar). Prizes may be provided by a third party sponsor of the Competition. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to substitute any prize with cash or a prize of comparable value.
The winning entry will be that which has met the entry criteria and which most closely meets the Competition criteria specified.
Unless otherwise stated, each Competition is open to all UK residents of 18 years and over, except employees of:
(a) Parenting Expert Ltd; and
(b) any third party appointed by Parenting Expert Ltd to organise and/or manage the Competition; and
(c) the Competition sponsor(s).
By entering a Competition you:
- grant us, any third parties appointed by us for the purpose of organising and/or managing the Competition and the Competition sponsor(s) permission to use your name and likeness for the purpose of organising and/or managing the Competition, for announcing the winner of the Competition and for related promotional purposes; and
- grant us, the right to use your personal information to send you information about a competition sponsors respective products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive this information, please follow the instructions given.
- accept that all entries will become our property upon receipt and will not be returned. You will retain all rights you have in the copyright and other intellectual property rights comprising the Competition entry but, by entering the Competition, you grant us and our licensees the right free of charge to republish your Competition entry;
- waive any moral rights or similar rights you have in your Competition entry whether such rights arise pursuant to the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988 (the “Act“) or equivalent legislation anywhere in the world; and
- warrant to us that the Competition entry is wholly original to you and not wholly or substantially copied from any other material and that the Competition entry does not defame, cause injury to or invade the privacy of or otherwise infringe or violate any statutory, common law, regulatory or intellectual property rights of any third party.
You may be offered the chance to subscribe for a free newsletter or other service but failing to do this will not disqualify you from a Competition.
If you are a winner of a Competition:
If you are a winner, you may have to provide additional information (including, without limitation, proof of age or identity) and/or complete additional documents and return them to us within a specified period. Failure to provide additional information and/or complete additional documents within the required time period, or notification returned as undeliverable as addressed will result in your disqualification as a winner and an alternative winner will be selected.
The name(s) of the winner(s) and details of the winning entry or entries will be sent to anyone who requests the same within 28 days of the closing date of the Competition. Requests should be sent to Parenting Expert Ltd, Pine Trees, 34a Horncastle Road, Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire, LN10 6UZ and should be accompanied by an SAE.
- the receipt by you of any prize is conditional upon you complying with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, the Competition Rules;
- you acknowledge and agree that neither us nor any Competition sponsor(s) or any of their employees, agents or subcontractors shall have any liability to you whatsoever in connection with your use and/or possession of your prize, provided that nothing in these Competition Rules shall exclude or limit the liability of any party for personal injury or death caused by negligence or for anything else which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
Unless otherwise stated, Parenting Expert Ltd is the promoter of the Competition.
You agree the following additional competition rules:
- Competition entry is FREE
- Competitions close on the day indicated on each individual competition page.
- Winners will be chosen at random using a random number generator.
- The winners will be notified by email and telephone within 7 days of the competition draw.
- Within 14 days of notification the winners are required to email confirmation of their postal address(es) and acceptance of the prize(s) to Parenting Expert. In the event that the winner(s) does not provide the required confirmation within 14 days their entry will be disqualified and an alternative winner will be chosen.
- The prizes will be sent by courier, to the winners within 14 days of receipt of address confirmation from the winner, and on a date arranged between Parenting Expert Ltd and the winner.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the winner for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
- All entrants must have a valid email address and daytime telephone numbers.
- All entrants must be aged 18 years or over and resident in the UK.
- The prizes cannot be transferred and no cash alternative is available.
- Winners’ name may be displayed on www.parentingexpert.co.uk
- Winners consent to their name and county being disclosed on the Parenting Expert website as stated above.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- The decision of Parenting Expert Ltd will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competitions, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, which are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- In the event that any terms and condition(s) are deemed invalid, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, they shall be severed from these terms and the remaining clauses will remain in force.
If any of these rules are deemed to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the affected rules shall be deleted from these Competition Rules but the remaining rules shall continue in full force and effect.
These Competition Terms and Conditions and each Competition are governed by English law. Any disputes arising between us and any third party in relation to these Competition Rules and/or a Competition shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales (save that we shall be entitled to take action against a third party in any other jurisdiction).